( Kaleidoscope of colours )
Hope, dangles on a string,
like slow spinning redemption.
Winding in and winding out,
the shine of it has caught my eye.
And roped me in,
So mesmerizing and so hypnotizing.
I am captivated, I am ...
Sunday, August 09, 2009 \ 10:21 AM
Rest In Peace
Before I get to blog about my really awesome birthday (which I will probably talk about another day), I want to say a few words to my two classmates/friends whom although I'm not very close to, our friendship still mean something to me. I do believe in fate, as most of as do, and we were brought together (in class) for a reason.
I'm sure many of us have heard of the news about 2 Republic Polytechnic students and the train incident. It was a tragic death which shook MANY, MANY of us. I was still lying in bed, asleep, when my friend called to inform me. The whole day, I was feeling really weird. It made me think truckloads. About life. It made me think, "what if it was me".
My brother and I had a little chat, and he asked if I were to die today would I have any regrets? I told him, YES. There are things I have not achieved in life, there are words I've not said to people, more importantly, there are people whom I can't bear to leave behind. Honestly, there's nothing to "CHOY" about. What lies ahead, we won't know.
The Chinese papers angered many of my friends. Talking about their relationship or "jie di lian" whatnot (quoting off my friends' Facebook statuses). My Chinese is bad enough for me not to be able to read & understand much, so I ended up copying and pasting the entire article into Google Translator :/ In the evening, Straits Times released the article online, together with my school's updates. Reading how they died sent chills running up and down my spine. It was a painful death, I'm certain.
On Thursday, it was the last day I set my eyes on them. Sitting a table away, that day but never again. Classes will probably not be the same again. Why did they not move even when the train honked at them? I wonder, and I wonder. Whatever it is, I wish them a smooth journey on the other side of the world. Rest in peace, and take care. I will miss you, We will miss you.