( Kaleidoscope of colours )
Hope, dangles on a string,
like slow spinning redemption.
Winding in and winding out,
the shine of it has caught my eye.
And roped me in,
So mesmerizing and so hypnotizing.
I am captivated, I am ...
Friday, January 01, 2010 \ 5:16 PM
Day 1 of 365
Exactly one week back I wished you a MERRY CHRISTMAS, today I wish you a
HAPPY NEW YEAR'S DAY :)
At midnight, all bade 2009 farewell and embraced the present year, 2010 - not literally of course. At 11:57pm I snuggled up in bed - because everyone else was asleep at home and my brother was out. At 12:00am I stood by my window and smiled at the screams coming from juveniles who gathered to count down. I whispered to myself 'happy new year', and felt like a fool that very instant. Then came (and went) sms blasts. Soon after, I dozed off.
Here comes the talk on New Year Resolutions, again. I still remember a particular friend's 2010 resolution FOR ME. "Change hairstyle" HAHA. It's about time huh? Ok, MAYBE MAYBE
MAYBE after I graduate from polytechnic? If I have the guts to, that is. Snip off my locks.
But that's in 2 months' time. EEK.
Whatever, things like this are not meant to worry me.
It's my last approximate 6 weeks in school and I will give it my all. Seriously can't wait for fyp to get over and done with..... blah blah blah (OK ENOUGH OF BORING TALK)
A quick 'lil summary of my last 6 days of 2009:
26 December
Christmas celebration at Jasvin's sister's new place @ Yishun. Lot of spicy indian food which I incredibly survived after consumption. There was this massive xmas tree that touches the ceiling. The house over-crowded with friends and relatives.

And spending our Christmas together for the second time, are our dear Lollipoppers. This time at
Teacher Joey's place.
Unfortunately, not everybody were present. And what entertained us, was a television set - Singapore Idol and News.
Everyone mingled around and created small talks, which were relatively interesting. Gift exchange as usual, fun fun fun. I got a pretty 'lil pink mouse (almost exactly the same as my current one, what sets them apart is their colour).
Check out the second picture on the first row, I made those shirts with ties (along with a tie-pin). Cute huh? :p
Oh shoot, I clearly forgot it's meant to be a short summary. Ha! My bad. Next up...
Xmas celebration at Essential Brew, with essential friends like you and you. Chinny got herself a new super cool Canon camera and we snapped away with eyes on us. It's a nice place to chill at, and if you're into 'tea' you'll definitely like their specialities. With only a group of 3, thinking up of a creative gift-exchange method was kind of tricky. After 'much' discussion (I still don't understand their method), we still stuck with the plain old "draw lots" way. I got Kyl's, Kyl got SC's and SC got mine! XIEXIE kyl for the special-lighting-effects card and the christmas ball, XIEXIE chinny for goodies all the way from Japan! XIEXIE for celebrating together :)
29 December
Wow, how long have I not typed this word - Girl Guides. Over at Peishan's place, we had potluck session and once again Rachel celebrated Christmas (who ask them to come up with 12 days of Christmas). I contributed caramel pudding and potato salad. And we had other food like satay, mexican chicken wing (??), japanese curry, cheese tofu, macaroni cooked in campbell soup and seaweed chicken. Of course, girls these days can't eat much and a lot of food went to waste :(
30 December
In the morning, my family & I visited gong gong at Choa Chu Kang Columbarium. It was his first year death anniversary. Porpor bought his favourite char siew + roasted meat rice, coffee and a banana. Upon reaching, I said, "hello gong gong!"..I wonder if he heard me. How quick, a year has gone by. Everytime we visit grandpa, we'll also visit my cow-gong (porpor's brother), and my great-grandparents. I'm sure porpor misses all of you dearly :)
Later on in the evening my Year 2 Semester 1 class were supposed to gather for xmas + pre-new year celebration, but about 10 minutes before I boiled my potatoes (yaya, I intended to make potato salad again) I was told that the party was cancelled. Zzz. Actually, I was feeling more of glad than disappointed? 'Cause I rather stay at home, and I needed that day's worth of rest. Teehee.
But what do you know, it's been postponed to tomorrow (2nd Jan 2010), after work! Ohhhh maaaaan.
31 December
On NYE, I was brought out for a mooooovie with my family (w/o my brother) at Tiong Bahru. Bodyguards and Assassins. Nice show :) Then we took at 15 min walk down to the food centre and INDULGED. With daddy around, I'm sure to have great-tasting food. Mmm, mm! That, I'm utterly grateful for! Woohoo!
Ok, this brings me to the end of my extremely looooooong post. Sorry if I had bore you in any way - althought I doubt it :x
FYI: I took more than 2 hours completing this entry. Zzz.
01/01/2010
And, hooray because I'm gonna have steamboat with the family tonight! YUM YUM YUMMMM.
Love always,
Rachellow - I'm still amazed by how my name spells 'hello'...aren't you? :)